Friday, January 18, 2008

Collaboration and Sharing

Over the past several months I have had a few opportunities to become a part of a larger community. After signing myself up for the MinistryTECH conference in April I started thinking about how beneficial that it would be if various people going through the same struggles (in my case: IT) could meet together and share their successes and failures.
I think about how other industries have conferences that are designed to better each organization and the industry as a whole. Why not for Churches. In fact, as members of the same Kingdom I feel that we are called to assist our brothers and sisters in Christ and I am very thankful for the people who have already thought of this and spend a lot of time and effort facilitating the sharing of their ideas and experiences.
Another opportunity that we have been able to be a part of is the Church IT Roundtable. In fact our church will be hosting this event April 5th, 2008. It will be an opportunity to have people who work in church IT get together and have open discussion about the things that most applicable to them and others. The Roundtable purposefully coincidently falls the Saturday after the MinsitryTECH conference so if you will be in town for that why not stay an extra day in Oklahoma City.
All that to say: I'm super excited!

No comments: